February 13, 2020 - For Immediate ReleaseHumboldt, SK
– The Horizon School Division Board of Education has approved the school year calendar for 2020-2021. The calendar can be viewed on the Horizon School Division website, at horizonsd.ca
Development of the 2020-2021 school year calendar involved consultation with employee groups and the input received during these discussions formed the basis for two proposed calendar options. These draft calendars were shared with principals, staff and School Community Council (SCC) members for feedback, prior to being presented to Horizon's Board of Education. Upon review of this feedback during their meeting on February 12, the Board approved the option that had the most support from staff and SCCs.
"This year's process for our calendar's development was very efficient, and I thank our employee groups, SCCs, and Board for their involvement" said Horizon's Director of Education, Kevin C. Garinger. "There are many components to consider when compiling the school year calendar, and we are fortunate to have consultative support in this work from our numerous stakeholders across Horizon School Division."
Highlights of the 2020-2021 Horizon school calendar include
- 197 Operational Days
- 183 Instructional Days
- Horizon Teachers' Association Teacher's Convention will be held on Tuesday, August 25
- Horizon's first Collaborative Learning Day of the school year be held on Wednesday, August 26
- Horizon's Opening Day Celebration for staff will be held on Thursday, August 27
- Fist Day of School for students will be Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Communication Services Officer