March 14, 2018 - For Immediate ReleaseHumboldt, SK
– Horizon School Division held its annual meeting on March 14, 2018, reporting on the 2016-2017 school year. Horizon Board of Education Chair, Jim Hack, offered a message of thanks to Horizon staff and fellow Board Members. Director of Education, Kevin C. Garinger, and Superintendent of Finance Services/CFO, Marilyn Flaman, presented information to highlight the successes of Horizon School Division in the reported school year.
In alignment with the Ministry of Education Annual Report template, the report presents an overview of Horizon School Division's activities and results for the fiscal year September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017. This annual report provides a snapshot of Horizon School Division under the following categories:
- School Division Profile
- School Division in the Community
- Strategic Direction and Reporting
- School Division Infrastructure and Transportation
- Financial Overview
- Audited Financial Statement
In addition to detailing the school division's activities and performance, this report outlines how the division is implementing its strategic plan, provides a report from management endorsing the financial overview and audited financial statements, and more. Financial statements included in this report have been audited by an independent auditor following the Canadian Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
To view the Horizon School Division 2016-2017 Annual Report, please visit horizonsd.ca/about/reports
For more information, please contact:
Communication Services Officer